Saturday, December 09, 2006

1st Aniversary of eating camel spaghetti

Well it's coming up on a year from my trip to save the Saharawi. Much has happened. I ate camel. I got sick. Hardly able to walk and instructed to not drink a drop of alcohol I sat on the couch for 3 months cold sober learning to play the harmonica. We moved to a new home in a working class barrio of Barcelona. Last month I began taking some new super expensive biological medication that grafts the DNA from a rat's butt onto my forehead, or something. Apparently it is working because I'm thinking about going skiing. Now if it would only just snow. Oh and I really like cheese. I am now a rockin' harp player. I can now have a glass of wine or a beer every once in a while. The 20 hours of footage that was to save the Saharawi sits in a box waiting for me to confront it. The book about the trip and the wierd unexpected side effects has yet to written. Zoe is 12 months older, as am I. Insights? Yep. Wisdom? Well, I'll let others judge that. It's time to hop back in the pool and start swimming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have struggled through it all. If anyone can... you can. Happy Hollllllydays.
Kim

Robin Willis said...

Thanks. And a "bones festes" to you too. Catala is such a pretty language!

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,
great to hear you thinking about going back on the slope! I was always wondering what skiing is like in the Pyrenes... Have a great Christmas time! Big hug to B & Z too! Julian

Robin Willis said...

Thanks Julian. Skiing in the Pyrenees is sort of like skiing on that big hill in Munich. OK bigger runs but the snow is like 2mm. It's beautiful but not exactly like the alps or the rockies or even Bud's Ski Ranch in Fargo, North Dakota. Still I love them mountains. Cute. Fun. Sweet. And you get to eat bocadillos and drink cheap spanish brandy. Viva EspaƱa! Visca Catalunya!