Monday, January 09, 2006

A touch...

So this morning I had to go get a blood test. The process of getting there was pretty horrific. We live in an old apartment building without an elevator so I had to descend 3 flights of stairs. Thank God for hand rails. We got in a cab. Another world of pain. We then made it to the outpatient facility but unfortunately you have to descend another flight of stairs to get to the entrance. And no handrails. But there was this gadget to get wheelchairs up and down the anti-handicapped barrier. I used it and felt really sad for doing so. Inside they took me right away. I went with a nice middle aged nurse and she must of seen that I was in pretty bad shape. Here's the magic. She took my hand and stroked her fingers lightly against it for quite awhile. It felt so good. Another angel I'm sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"She took my hand and stroked her fingers lightly against it for quite awhile."

Only one question... against exactly what?

Robin Willis said...

I suspect this came from Mick. No?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but its better if it comes from anonymous, right!