Saturday, May 27, 2006

Harmonica break through

Whilst away on a job in Germany undt Austria I had quite a bit of time to practice my chromatic harmonica. Armed with my crazy French software I learned George Gershwin's "Summer Time", Ray Charles "Georgia on my Mind" and Steven Sondhiem's "Send in the Clowns." For some reason I'm still struggling with "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat." It's has such a long melody line and I always loose my place on the cool little fiddly bits towards the end. I'm going to try some Antonio Carlos Jobim next. Soon you will be able to find me in the long tunnel at the Paseo de Gracia metro stop. I'll be wearing a yellow scarf and flubbing the last few bars of "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a pork pie hat? Does one actually wear pork..in a hat?

Anonymous said...

I found a picture of one here:
http://www.corsetsandcrinolines.com/timelineitem.php?index=186026

Anonymous said...

thanks..! Great info.