Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dubai Part 2

So I recently went back to Dubai for a job. OK it was strange but then how it could be anything but. Folks it ain't supposed to be there. It's a modern end game construct built by Pakistani slaves, funded by trafficking in ever increasingly rare SUV and jumbo jet juice and ignored and exploited by a growing list of multinational corporations and celebs. Tiger Woods and Gordon Ramsey are there and Rod Stewart owns the Scottish replica of an earth shaped man made archipelago called not surprisingly called The World. There is the world's largest indoor ski area and the world's tallest building. If you could build your dream world from scratch would it resemble Dubai? Hmmmm... not in a million years...


After the shoot I spent a day taking pictures of buildings and Pakistani and Indian workers and as soon as I get them scanned... yep I be shooting film... I will let you know. Mas tarde.

No comments: