Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The hole in the bridge

So I had been hired to light the Hawthorne bridge in Portland, Oregon. The crew had cut a hole in the bridge to access the underside. They covered the hole with a grid made out of what seemed to be tubing from old TV antennas. I found a board and cover up the hole as well as I could but I still thought it was unsafe so I went in search of something else. I found myself at an old black man’s house. He took me downstairs to his basement workshop which had a window from which I could see the bridge. He gave me a couple of welding clamps and I found a bigger piece of plywood leaning against the side of the house. I went back to the bridge. I then began to think that the hole was only in my imagination so I climbed up on the bridge's superstructure. I then leapt towards the hole. As I approached the hole suddenly everything became sandy and yellow and the dream ended.

249339873.368932.tif 249339699.241895.tif 249339560.408491.tif

No comments: