Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Too many interesting things...

I'm just to interested in too many things. And the internet doesn't help. I learned about a book promoting a completely new approach to playing and listening to jazz. It's terrific. The author is now my buddy. I started thinking about musical instruments that are below the radar, like the ocarina. Yep, there a huge number sites dealing with this sweet and very old instrument. I got a great ukelele for my birthday, now I want to make them. Uh huh, an encyclopedia of information on ukes and their construction. I thought I'd be funny and clever and learn to play a profoundly un-ukelele like tune like, "Smells like Teen Spirit." There are of course tabs and chord charts available online but there is also a highly distributed video of "The London Ukelele Orchestra" scratching out this tune on British television.

I really don't know if this access to everything is good or bad. But it sure is entertaining. See ya later, gotta go find out how to turn an old carburetor into a bagpipe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.