Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dia de Mona!

At Easter in Catalunya it is traditional for a god parent to give his god child a cake... the Mona de Pasqua. Zoe's godfather lives in Berkeley and my various god kids are strewn throughout distant countries around the world so I guess we are all off the hook but the bakeries are full of giant chocolate paeans to age old themes and characters like Barca, Bart Simpson and Barbie. Last night Zoe had me stop at a candy store to pick up some nubes (clouds) which are for the most part marshmallows. Zoe picked 6 long cylinders of fluffy sugar and... I dunno, I guess sugar.

Today deary arose from a dream about chocolate cakes as today she will add her nubes to a collective work of bakery art created with her classmates. Tomorrow after school we all dig in.

No comments: