Monday, March 26, 2007

Evolution of a malady...

Food for thought.

I was surprised by my general state of mind when I got sick. I was quiet, spiritual, positive, appreciative, introspective and had a strange sense of humor. As I've gotten better to the point of being just about back to normal I'm finding that my sense of blind grateful euphoric optimism has done left. OK I've learned many things from this time but I lost my rose colored glasses. Maybe it's all part of the truth seeking process. OK the big positive things like my daughter continue to astound me and fill me with joy and wonder. And I am still often amazed at the magic of the smallest things, like a walk, a good conversation and, well, ironing. But the things in my life that are obviously just wrong... relationships, places, situations, things that don't work, bad designs, rude people... I feel that right now I can really do without anything but good things in my life. I wonder if this a common reaction. I wonder if euphoria often is part of being seriously ill. I wonder if recovery is often accompanied by intolerance of nonsense and hooey. Hmmmmm...

No comments: